Stay connected. Volunteer.
Promote Recruiting at Campbell Law
- If you work for an employer who does not currently recruit at Campbell Law School, please encourage your Hiring Partner or Recruiting Chair to consider On-Campus Interviews (OCI) or Resume Collects. You can volunteer as the campus interviewer. A good way to initiate interest in Campbell Law is arrange a tour of our magnificent facility for your hiring partner. Introduce firm leadership to faculty and the Dean. Another option is to invite the Dean and Career Center Director to visit your law office to meet with leadership. For more information, please contact Kala Taylor, the Director of Career Center, at 919.865.5894 or email@example.com.
- Eastern and Western Small Employer Job Fairs – Another way to recruit current Campbell law students is to participate in the North Carolina Law School Consortium Eastern and Western Small Job Fairs. The job fair is a partnership between all seven law schools located in North Carolina. The one-day interview programs provide an avenue for small law firms, legal departments and legal service organizations to interview law students in one setting rather than travel to various campuses. For more information about the Eastern and Western job fairs, please contact Glenda Darrell at 919.865.4495 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exhibit at the Public Interest Law Expo – The Career Center annually hosts public interest employers for a half day event during the spring semester to introduce students to various public interest law organizations and the broad array of opportunities within the sector. For more information, please contact Kala Taylor, the Director of Career Center, at 919.865.5894 or email@example.com.
- Refer anyone in a position to hire (lawyers, business owners, judges, banks, etc.) to the Career Center.
- Inform us if you hear of a vacancy for a law student or recent graduate.
Partner with the Career Center
- The Career Center seeks alumni to participate in various programs and events. Participate in one of our educational programs. We frequently invite practitioners to be guest speakers or panelists at career-oriented and professional development programs. Let us know your specialty or area of expertise so we can contact you for future events.
- Assist with mock interviews. Meet with students to provide guidance or general advice if asked.
- Meet with students. We encourage students and recent graduates to contact alumni for an informational interview in order to obtain advice on practice areas, market characteristics, job search ideas, networking opportunities, and becoming active in the local bar.
- Inform us of opportunities for our students and new graduates to become involved, network and meet other lawyers in your area. These opportunities include joining and attending events sponsored by state and local bar associations, other legal and professional organizations, and civic and charitable groups.
- Leverage opportunity. Let us help your organization fill the last seat at the company table at a special event. Contact the Career Center so we can connect you with a poised law student who has interest in your firm and/or the special event.
If you are interested in partnering with the Career Center, please send an email to Kala Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your area or event of interest.
Host a Reception or Special Event
Employers often seek opportunities to host “signature” events with the Career Center or maybe host a reception with a specific group of law students. To discuss current opportunities or explore new ideas, please contact Kala Taylor, the Director of Career Center, at 919.865.5894 or email@example.com.
Partner with a Student Organization
Our students are always looking for lawyers, especially alumni, to participate in organizational programs and events. Maybe your office would like to sponsor an event or partner with a student group at a community event. For more information, please contact Kala Taylor, the Director of Career Center, at 919.865.5894 or firstname.lastname@example.org.